Monday, February 27, 2012

My worst enemy

We never know when our whole world might be shaken and we're left wondering what just happened and where do we go from here.

I've had a lot of those moments. I just wanted to have the time to process it all. In those moments, Mike always knew he just had to give me some time to sleep.
That is my answer to a lot of things. Studies do show that when you sleep your brain does a sort of defrag and takes all the info of the day and puts them each in their compartments of the brain. I can wake up from a nap when I'm overwhelmed and nothing has changed, but I feel more at ease and able to face what's going on.

We all have our ways of de-stressing. Or we just dont know how to cope and end up making things worse. I've learned so many coping skills but sometimes none of those things work.

What do I do then?

I pray.

Prayer should be my first option, but I don't always think to pray when I'm struggling with myself. I'm my own worst enemy. I've always been my worst critic...but God is my best. He wants me to call on Him and rely on His strength to get through it all. He may not always pull me out of a bad situation, but He's promised me He would carry me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment